The interface with the in-room telephone devices enables the software to automatically bill to the room account any telephone charges incurred during the stay. Depending on telephone type and functions, the following additional features may be available:
- Phone activation on check-in and deactivation on check-out
- Automatic management of alarm times
- Setting of room status via telephone code entered by housekeeping personnel (e.g. Clean, To be cleaned, Housekeeping in progress)
- Notification of minibar items consumed via telephone code entered by housekeeping personnel
Key Card Systems
An interface for the automatic programming of room keys on check-in is available for a variety of locking systems. Depending on the locking system in use, it is also possible to automatically bill access to extra-charge areas (e.g. sauna or fitness room) directly to the room account.
Extras from the minibar can be charged in one of two ways:
- The housekeeping staff enters the code associated to the products consumed via in-room telephone and the items are automatically charged to the room account, or
- The mini bar is managed by a dedicated system that automatically detects product usage through a chip attached to each single item and is connected to the hotel management software.